‘MAD MAX’ CAMERA TRACKING FORWARD POV FILMING RIG
The Mad Max Rig allows easy attachment of Camera and / or Remote head to front of any of our Camera Tracking Vehicles, not impairing the Camera Tracking drivers view, basically a Bumper Extension. it has been made with very smooth corners as the same way as a regular car bumper is, Pedestrian Friendly.
Ideally for POV(Front Facing Shots) filming in busy urban areas and has been used many times in Urban and Rural locations over the years. The reason this was made as a normal front filming platform has sharp corners and the overhang was more the 1m, The Mad Max Rig does not break any regulations for its use and has gained the approval for use in many cities. Police attendance is not required for its use.
We consider this a safe solution for filming from the front of a Tracking Vehicle.
It does not overhang the front of the Camera Tracking more 1m, so it does fall within the Overhanging Regulations as below . This is no different to a JCB Digger driving on the road.
Extract from regulations:
- Loads overhanging the front or rear of the vehicle
The table below is a summary of the requirements applicable to front and rear overhanging loads set out in regulation 82(7) of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 (C&U), as amended.
|Length of projection||Action if load projects rearwards||Action if load projects forwards|
|Not exceeding 1 metre||No requirements specified||No requirements specified|
- Twin Tube to Boss/Moy fitting (Scaffold Based can be easily adapted by Grips Dept)
- Camera Tracking Vehicle Front Platform Square Attachment Sockets – For Quick Rigging
- Vehicle Profile Panel continuation system to avoid Sharp edge potential
- Remote operation only (focus etc from inside Vehicle)
- Extremity awareness indicators to assist driver’s awareness of rig on front
- Discrete Low Level forward facing camera position (To avoid unwanted attention of public and potential driver Distraction